Thursday, May 28, 2009

What is wrong with New York's Finest?

Finest, MY ASS. I thought I had just heard it all after the 2 cops who raped the East Village woman. Then, I awake to this...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2008/12/06/2008-12-06_brooklyn_cop_indicted_in_michael_mineo_s.html

This is just terrible. AWFUL. I am divided between sadness and rage. So this 24 year old dude was smoking a joint... SO WHAT? Have you ever smoked pot? I have. Does that mean I deserve to be brutally sodomized with a baton by a police officer who busts me for getting high?

It just incenses me that law enforcement is supposed to protect us, and then I hear these stories, and it's such a slap in the face. Who are sexual assault victims supposed to go to for help when the people who we are taught to seek assistance from are the ones committing such heinous acts?

No comments: