Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Everyone MUST Listen to Faryl Smith's new CD


I know all the hype on Susan Boyle has taken the world by storm... and don't get me wrong... she is FABULOUS. I am tired of all these people in the media criticizing her for taking advantage of makeover opportunities. The Gospel according to me says good for her and you GO GIRL and blow that arrogant Simon Cowell out of the water!

But... as a huge Ellen Degeneres fan who tapes her program every day, I came across this extraordinary talented young lady who was a contestant on last seasons Britain's Got Talent that I never heard about who performed on her show. She didn't win the talent contest, but In my opinion, at 13 years old, she sure should have! Just watching her sing made me cry.

I would strongly recommend her newly released CD "FARYL" to anyone with PTSD, anyone with a child who can't sleep, or just anyone anywhere who takes comfort in a voice that sounds like it sprung out of heaven... FROM A 13 YEAR OLD! AMAZING!

2 comments:

David L Riddick (aka The Aged P) said...

Hi Michele - I'm nearly 200 years old so to me both yourself and Faryl are mere youngsters.I have been interested in Faryl's progress since last years BGT. When her album came out here in the UK I posted this http://theagedp.blogspot.com/2009/03/hard-man-and-angel-simon-cowell-meets.htmlI and after her performance on Ellen I posted this
http://theagedp.blogspot.com/2009/04/faryl-sings-for-america.html
Her voice is beautiful but what I also liked about her was that outside the voice she was just like one of the thousands of 13 yr olds I taught in my career - nice ordinary girl, sporty, loving family. Unusually for BGT (and, I suspect, many similar US shows)there was no sob story (bullying, poverty, kidnapped by aliens etc) just a sweet mezzo soprano voice that makes the day seem good...

Michele Christine said...

Aged P,

I am so glad you like her. I feel the same way too about her. She seems normal and has such a great head on her shoulders with parents who look out for her. I was sad she didn't win, but she has her whole life ahead of her now just from her experience on there. She will go far.

The reality tv craze here in the US has really gotten sappy with the sob stories.

I'm no celeb or talent contestant, but if you read the rest of my stories on here, I have sob stories too. I think I should get a million dollars just for going through them!!! (Just Kidding)

Thanks for sending me the link! I will check it out!