Monday, June 29, 2009

Justice for 1- Not for All



I was relieved to see Bernie Made-off was thrown the harshest sentence possible today.

While I think his crimes were heinous, there are other crimes just as heinous that do not get as much media attention in our crime infested society.

This recent case with this animal child rapist in Oklahoma has me rendered speechless. 1 year for the rape of a five year old child? What the fuck is wrong with this judge?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gzRZ1_GyFOWEIV3k2KM9UjOEqpyQD98S20MO1

Oh the girl had conflicting statements- we have no doubt he did it, it's just a matter of being able to prove it in court. She's freaking five and traumatized. HELLO?

Hearing this man's now adult step-daughter speak about the abuse she suffered at the hands of him made me remember my own sexual abuse as a child. The threats, the mind control, the pure fear that someone bigger than you can instill in you when you are being forced to experience acts that are before your time and have no capacity to understand. I was being forced to have sex before I even knew what it was. Of course I was confused.

No comments: