Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shall I join a Monastary or convent and take a vow to live simply?


While I normally write about crime, politics, and eating disorders- all subjects very close to my heart, I feel like I am wandering off into the territory I call writer’s block.

I have heard enough of Michael Jackson to last me a lifetime. Did the Dr. kill him? Who the fuck knows? The point is, I am tired of hearing about it and I think it’s rather sketchy that his Sister Latoya pays a tabloid for her opinion. What grieving sister does that? If it were my brother’s involved in a high profile case and asked for my commentary, I would not charge a dime and if even offered $, it would be allocated to the appropriate charity for a cause in their name.

On top of this, a man I have been dating with a large family- nephew’s, niece’s, and all, while we have only been seeing each other for six weeks and once a week during the week which is fine in the beginning, has something going on during the weekends with every extended member of his family that he is obligated to attend because he is the only single one amongst four sisters with children who guilt him into attending every single family function.

I once dated a man like this with a family like this. Sister’s who demanded Uncle to be at every single event and give his girlfriend a hard time. How is their brother supposed to find a wife if he is spending all his time at his sister’s homes’ at kiddie birthday parties with chiding- bro, you really need a girlfriend… when the one that he had at the time they were fully aware of was never ever good enough for the princesses’ and the Queen- AKA his mother?

After thinking I was going to spend the upcoming Saturday with my new man (Something we had previously discussed) he says to me tonight- oh my bro in law is having a party for his birthday and roasting a pig on a spit. Um- John Doe- you did not tell me you had pig spit bro in law birthday party this weekend. I thought I did. Let’s go out one night next week instead after work. NO. I don’t salvage my summer weekends for just anyone. When you say you are available, I take you at your word. I don’t have the time or the patience to deal with your non committal haphazard bullshit. I seriously don’t think I have it in me to date another man with a family as large as his with Sisters and all their children and him embracing the halo that he’s the King of the Earth because he’s the only man in his biological family. If he wants a serious girlfriend or wife, he won’t get one by me by his caving into the manipulation and guilt and the lures of his family. I will not go through that again. 1X was enough.

I did not imagine him saying he was available to get together this weekend. I am too young for alzhiemer’s and the convent where my fellow female species speak ENGLISH is calling my name. Thoughts on random thoughts???

No comments: