Sunday, March 1, 2009

Modified Desk Duty? PLEASE!!!


Nothing more outraged me than seeing this story on the news this AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2009/02/28/2009-02-28_nypd_officer_accused_of_raping_east_vill.html

NYC Police officers accused of allegedly raping an intoxicated woman. I hate the word "Alleged." It is the one word I had to hear over and over again during my rape case. "Ms. Pardon... you testified that my client allegedly...."

NO. It was not "alleged". He did what I said he did. HE RAPED ME.

I am not advocating for people to be drunk and irresponsible, but we are human and it happens. This does not give the right to those employed to serve and protect to violate the helpless. Whether or not this was a one time thing, or a chronic problem with substance abuse is irrelevant. There is no excuse for rape. EVER

The officer's have desk duty. What duty does the victim have? I will refrain from writing the list because I live it every minute of every day.

No comments: