Saturday, December 5, 2009

I don't know what to make of this verdict...


I have followed this case for a while and am grappling with, believe her, or not?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/12/06/jailed-amanda-knox-vows-no-more-tears-115875-21875925/

I know the legal system in Europe is very different than the United States, but still. Her behavior patterns that night and after the murder appear erratic. I try not to judge how people behave after trauma having gone through enough of my own, and everyone responds differently.

While I recognize that, her whole story is filled with holes and inconsistencies. Maybe she did not kill Meredith Kercher. I don't know.

But I am hard pressed to believe that she does not know who or what went down that night and who is responsible for this murder. Call me judgemental, but I can't believe she or the others involved doesn't know something and aren't talking. She lived with her- the three involved all knew each other.

If she is truly innocent, then her sentence is unfair. But I just have my doubts on this one. She has struck me as uncooperative from the get go.

4 comments:

MARIO said...

same here.

i can't tell whether or not she's truly innocent.

i've heard legal commentators on tv taking both sides: some maintain that she got a fair trial while others maintain that she didn't.

in either case, my heart goes out to her parents and sisters.

MARIO

Michele Christine said...

I know- it's a very tough call. It must be awful for her family.

But I just can't believe she doesn't know anything about what went down that night. She has to know something.

MARIO said...

i saw her parents on Larry King monday evening, and they said that they're very optimistic about her case on appeal. me, i'm pessimistic.

MARIO

Michele Christine said...

me too- I know u hate her, But Anne Coulter brought up some very strong points where contrary to what other people said, the evidence against her is really pretty daming. You don't buy bleach to clean up blood if you find a dead flatmate in your house. you call the cops, and if u have nothing to hide, don't change your story fifty times