Monday, January 18, 2010

Best and Worst Dressed at the Globes 2010






Ok- I love Sandra Bullock, and I loved Blind Side...But really... (sorry Sandra fans, but I think she looked like What's eating Gilbert Grape?) The see through thing was tasteless and the hair a mess. And Julia? I mean, come on... you are Julia... you could at least step it up a bit.

But Penelope, Jennifer, and Drew got it right.

Other downers of the evening- I thought that the Mel Gibson joke while pretty funny was in bad taste at a person's journey in recovery. If I were a famous actress and it was public knowledge I had an eating disorder, I wouldn't appreciate a host making fun of me for it. I think if people want to find humor in their weaknesses, then it is up to the individual afflicted by them to find their own way to express it, but that's just me.

I also really did not appreciate the Martin Scorsese tribute when he blatantly defends a rapist who fled from justice for nearly 3 decades. Why people rally around this pervert in support of him incenses me.

My congratulations to all the winners, poorly dressed or not, except Marty.

No comments: