Monday, January 4, 2010

A voice of reason speaks out!

I was listening to a radio show earlier tonight by Levi Page- a person with a talk show based on criminal justice covering many national criminal cases.

One that was featured tonight was on Susan Powell, the missing Utah woman whose husband is “a person if interest” in her disappearance. I wrote about it a few weeks ago. Don’t get me started on my feelings about the way law enforcement needs to word things when there is no body or “sufficient” physical evidence to make an arrest or I will surely go off a cliff.

It’s plain as day to me, the hubster killed her. But that aside, Mr. Page featured a wonderful victim’s rights advocate on his show last night commenting on the Powell case and advising women the best course of action and game plans on how to get out of abusive relationships.

Whether the abuse is physical or emotional, I have a handful of very successful friends, friends with good families, friends with good jobs including one who is an attorney, and all have the financial resources who can afford therapy, but who just choose to stay with vile scumbags and complain to me non stop about how evil they are. It drives me bat shit crazy. I understand we all have our demons in our pasts that may impact our self esteems; myself included as a rape survivor, how much one can fall victim into self destructive behavior or abusive relationships.

But Ladies- this is 2010. Help is there if you just know where to ask for it. Why so many don’t just really bugs me. Even though I understand fear, you have to just rise above it and let the experts do their jobs. I know that sometimes not everything works out the way it should in this world, but Susan Murphy Milano has some excellent advice on how it can.

www.SusanMurphyMilano.com

2 comments:

MARIO said...

i have never understood, and still don't understand, why people who are in abusive relationships who can afford to leave nonetheless stay in those relationships.

the victims must have very low self-esteem.

MARIO

Michele Christine said...

I agree with you, completely. But trying telling some of my friends that and I get called a judgemental bitch and told to fuck off. Look... I have my issues, am far from perfect. But I'm not in denial that I have similar issues to them like low self esteem from rape and have my problems like Anorexia... but at least I'm on the couch every week.