Friday, February 20, 2009

It pays to complain


Awhile back, I blogged about my horrific experience with paramedics and police where I was hauled, grabbed, restrained and handcuffed to the hospital via ambulance... all because bystander paramedics in an ambulance saw me slip on some ice. I was fine, but they saw my medical alert bracelet and insisted I go because they thought I had a seizure. I did not, but they wouldn't listen to me and when I refused to go, created a circus outside my building calling police, then accused me of being on drugs, etc. Not an incident I care to write about in detail again. But after complaining to the appropriate organizations and authorities that this incident was not only totally unnecessary but completely out of line and their investigation proved I was telling the truth, I won my demand that all hospital and ambulance bills be waived. Justice for MC has truly made my weekend. While this incident is Minor in compassion to things like rape and murder, the lesson is not. Stand up for yourself... fight for what is right, and never give up.

No comments: