Monday, September 14, 2009

I have no words for the murder of Annie Le...


Except that my heart goes out to her family, fiance and freinds. Given how near this college town is to where I grew up, I am grateful I never went to Albertus Magnus College. No offense to Yale or AM students- they are fine educational institutions. But as a Fairfield County Native whose parents wanted me to go to Albertus Magnus- I didn't want to. I was alaramed at the crime rate in New Haven.

Believe it or not, I opted for College at Marymount Manhattan- back in the day, an Upper East side finishing school for girls. Having been exposed to Manhattan as a child to see Broadway, Saint Patrick's Day parades, and all events etc from two parents who grew up there, I never felt safer going to a school that was an hour train ride away from them on Metro North. Manhattan is not without crime or its issues, but I will never regret going to school there.

This murder of this promising student is just beyond my comprehension. It is so senseless and hateful.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-15948-Homicide-Examiner~y2009m9d13-Body-of-missing-Yale-graduate-student-believed-found

2 comments:

MARIO said...

i cannot even begin to fathom a motive for such a brutal and heinous murder. i can only imagine the utter unspeakable horror that the last few moments of poor annie's life must have been like.

RIP.

MARIO

Michele Christine said...

Hey Mario,

I agree! The thing that I don't get is how all his pals are all over TV saying what a great guy he is. I read that he is extremely controlling and I also read that many years ago, he raped his then girlfriend but never pressed charges. Then when the broke he was harassing and stalking her so badly the police threatened to arrest him if he didn't stay away from her. I wish Meredith Viera would have brought that up to the 2kids she interviewed today. Maybe she didn't know. Regardless- it's pretty evident he did it. I hate the word "ALLEGED"