Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Roman Rapelanski


This story has had my survivor friends in uproar today and emotions all a flying.

Rather than rehash the details of what happened, I thought this excellent article summed up the case extremely well and addresses the facts of this horrific story thoroughly and very articulately raises all that is morally wrong with this case.

What stands out for me the most is the fact that all these Lexus liberals like Woody Allen, Martin Scorsese, and Deborah Winger- a woman for heaven’s sake- are rallying around in defense of him and fail to forget, this man drugged and raped a child. I read her testimony. It makes no difference that she wasn’t a virgin before this and had consensual sex before- like so many people have attacked her for. In this day and age, even back then, that unfortunately is not unusual. One having sex before does not mean you can not be raped and bears no relevance to the disgusting acts this vile scumbag forced on a young and vulnerable impressionable kid. I also find it hard to swallow that Anjelica Houston did not know what was going on and the fact that she did NOTHING to protect her, downright deplorable. She's one twisted weirdo. I mean seriously- if you are screwing Jack Nicholson, umm... well, that says it all. I am surprised she didn't watch, much less, join in.

The admission of his crime, along with his celebrity status and bogus plea bargain do not make him above compliance with the law. Neither does the victim’s proclaimed forgiveness. Even if the judge was leaning towards rejecting his plea in lieu of more jail time, Mr. Polanski waived his right to a jury trial, hence leaving any further sentencing in this judge’s discretion. He does not have the right to flee the country and not show up to his sentencing because he fears the judge’s decision will be unfair and fall within the category of legal misconduct, which as argued, probably would have. Judges’ are not always unbiased or fair. That’s life- take it from me, it isn’t always fair. It’s no excuse to skip your hearing when the state mandates you to park your rapist ass there.

Had the judge ruled to give him more jail time, that is something his lawyers could have appealed. The legal system is a bitch. It’s no secret to anyone who knows me that I don’t agree with a large percentage of it. But there is a set process of policies and procedures in this country when one pleads guilty to a crime. Being famous does not make you above them.

http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/thehumancondition/archive/2009/09/29/roman-polanski-raped-a-child-a-primer.aspx

5 comments:

MARIO said...

"Roman Rapelanski"! ha! that's a good one!

MARIO

hipstamom said...

LOL! I'm shocked the Swiss put him up for extradition.

Michele Christine said...

Mario- I love my take on that!
I am quite Shocked the NY Post did not come up with it before I did. I May just trade mark it.

Ang- Switzerland has more lienant extradition laws. He had floated btw France Poland and Switzerland from what I have read anyway- and he apparantly has multiple citizenships in France and Poland.

This bullshit is unfair and a mess-but my guess... Tinsletown and CA- no offense Mario, is under intense pressure to crack down on these sick fucks for payback on OJ, Chris Brown, and all other creeps who think they can get away with rape or murder or beating the shit out of their girlfriend's.

The shit with rapenski has been going on for years. It's simple- no one had any ploitical motivation to throw the book at him until after LA got shit loads of heat for Chris Brown.

That's just my theory though, I can't say for sure.

notranting said...

The fact that Anjelica Houston was IN THE HOUSE when it happened, then came forth with her brilliant assessment of the victim as "sullen" and "one of those chicks who looked like she could be 25" just shows the moral depravity of this people. Woody Allen? Please. Married his own daughter, really. Sick.

Whoopi Goldberg is the next on my list: "Oh, it wasn't 'rape rape'". Well, Whoopi, yes it was. I don't care how talented or lauded or whatever you are. Am waiting for Adrien Brody's defense of him in 3,2,.....

Michele Christine said...

I know right????

Anjelica... and she blames her. Her and Deborah both. Whoppi? don't get me started... It wasn't rape rape??? Why? Because she wasn't a virgin... because she was a model? Because he plead to a lesser charge? Perps do that shit all the time. Just cause they do it and the stupid DA's allow it doesn't mean they aren't guilty of forceable rape.


Whoppi- get a fucking clue. READ HER TESTIMONY. "I WANT TO GO HOME." What part of the word rape does this Oscar award winner not understand in a movie that even addressed the very issue?

I am ready to just torch them all.