Monday, November 24, 2008

Healthcare in this country sucks


I am so frustrated with all the crap going on with my insurance and my medical bills.

When I lose consciousness from a seizure and a good smaritan calls an ambulance for me, how is it within my control whether or not the ambulance company is in my "network" in a life threatening situation and why am I expected to pick up the difference for what the insurance company doesn't?

When I have to get stitched up because I lacareted my chin from falling due to a medical condition, how is it my problem whether or not the Dr. who performs the surgery takes Blue Cross Blue Shield? I mean, when you go to a hospital, they see what kind of insurance you have- they should be able to tell which Dr.'s accept it and which don't, and if they don't and that's all who is on call, then they could at least write it off.

Furthermore, I love how my insurance company considers my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder a life threatening illness, but they don't consider Anorexia in that category and limit my number of visits to my shrink if he uses the DSMV code for Anorexia under the "non serious mental illness category." Ok... so I will die from a flashbcak or a panic attack, but I won't from starving to death? GO FIGURE. It is just maddening!!!

No comments: