Thursday, January 15, 2009

Come on.... it's just trail mix!


This morning, I went down to walgreens downstairs from my house- Yes, in the cold, and in the snow. I needed to buy eggs for my cheddar omelete. This woman in front of me was purchasing three bags of trail mix that were advertised 3 for 3$. The cashier refused to sell them to her and said "You bought 3 yesterday. I can't sell these to you. There's a limit." SAY WHAT? I can't tell you how many times I've been down there in the course of a week and capitalized on the five campbells hearty soups for 5$ that's on sale, or whatever else I need that's on sale. No sales person has ever said to me- I recognize you, you can't buy this today because you bought it yesterday.

The woman got very angry and started screaming that this was ridiculous. I can't say I blame her- I'd be pissed off too on principle. But at the end of the day, on both ends- it is just trail mix. In defense of the customer, I said, there's another Walgreens on 68th and third. I bet they won't give you a problem there. Gosh Golly Miss Molly!

No comments: