Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Damn it Oprah, SHUT UP ALREADY



Is anyone sick and tired of hearing Oprah bitch about how big she is? I am for sure. Why is it necessary for her to announce to the world what her weight is? I mean, who the hell gives a hoot? I don’t think she looks that bad. Not for nothing, but I find it a little ironic how the Queen of Self Esteem is whining all over the media how embarrassed and ashamed she is of herself for being so big. I mean doesn’t she preach about loving yourself all the time?

I am so sick of all these segments and reality shows like the biggest loser in the media promoting diet and weight loss. I am sick of my nutritionist’s very famous boss on TV talking about weight loss, and no, I don’t give a fuck if she reads this. I rarely hear any talk about Anorexia or Bulimia except on shows like Access Hollywood, where they debate how much Kiera Knightly weighs, and is she or isn’t she?

I understand obesity is a big problem in this country that can lead to heart disease and even death and it’s an important health issue. But so is Anorexia. It has the highest mortality rate more than any mental illness in the country. That is a published fact. I think it should be given an equal amount of attention.

No comments: