Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not so Poppy in the Gospel according to MC



I have never had a drug problem, thank the Lord. But, I have an eating disorder that I grapple with every day that feels like just as much of an addiction as one who struggles with substance abuse. Be your vice too much booze, too many drugs, too much gambling, too much food, or in my case, too little...I don't think mental illness is something to make fun of. Jay Leno's comment that most nutritionists would find Amy Winehouse's crack addiction more nutritious than a pop tart really pissed me off.

I am guilty- I LOVE Amy Winehouse's music. I think she is incredibly talented, but I don't think her problems are anything to laugh at. My nutritionist thinks I just like her because she's a bad girl- a rebel and relate to her. She won't stop doing drugs, and I sit in front of the just eat police every two weeks and ask, when there are potatoes in my soup, why do I also need to have a baked one? Because for somebody at your weight, just soup is not enough.

I wonder if perhaps, she may be right at how I relate to Amy Winehouse. Regardless, I would love to see the day when my nutritionist appears on Jay Leno and claim crack is healthier than a pop tart, when she would probably give me a gold medal If I dared to eat one, pathetic as that sounds.

No comments: