Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Breaking News- Adam Walsh murder solved


Holy Crap! http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081216/ap_on_re_us/adam_walsh

Watching the John Walsh interview today with him and his wife, my heart went out to them. I hope they finally feel some relief at having some closure, though I don't think the grief of losing a child ever really leaves you. I love how the wife said that for many years people told her she should just "get over it" and move on. I think traumatic heinous things such as this one you never truly get over. Some people often say to me I should get over what happened to me. The people who say this to me are idiots and have never been through what I have. If I could just "get over it" I wouldn't have had my freak out with the ambulance assholes.

The people who say this stupid shit to me probably sleep at night. I unfortunately do not.

2 comments:

notranting said...

My heart broke again watching the Walshes. It's terrible for people to judge. TMZ.com has some of the most awful commenters ever, saying how John Walsh "capitalized" on his son's murder.

For every asshat out there sitting in the basement on blogs spewing hate, there are about 100 nice ones. Victim blaming is our national sport. We love to tear down the downtrodden and build up the criminals.

John Walsh has done so much for this country and for children.

I got a hate letter yesterday. I think I'll post it on my blog. It says that prosecuting my rapist was JUST as bad as being raped. You know, since he was so sorry and all! And that I should be ashamed of myself.

Jesus.

Michele Christine said...

It is heart breaking watching them over and over again seeing the pain that they have lived through.

I am not a parent, but I just can't imagine how I would ever get past something like that. But he took his experience and shared it with the world and turned a nightmare into an amazing cause by making it his mission to hunt down these vile scumbags who commit crimes that are unspeakable, vile, and downright heinous.

I haven't checked your blog yet, but I will. Liz, that is just terrible. I get sick when I hear this type of mail you get. Everytime I have watched your dateline piece, I am so with you sister! I love when Edie Magnus asks you if it made any difference admitting Bebe was an alcoholic and you sharply fired back , so what, it doesn't make it right... I was a drunk, therefore, I raped you. What am I supposed to say? I'm sorry for the pain and suffering you've been through as an addict? What about the pain and suffering he caused me?

If my 2 offenders wrote me letters saying I am sorry I raped you, I wouldn't give a flying fuck. I'd do the exact same thing you did.

If a person wrote me a letter that said I should forgive my rapists because they were sorry after the hell I live in every day with ny anorexia and my PTSD, I'd have a two word response. FUCK YOU.

I can't even sit in my nutritionist's office as was the case today without jumping every time the adjacent office doors slam. She says, I swear, that only happens when you are here. Like I give a shut why and when it happens. It's how it affects me because of what they did to me that matters. I feel like a human alarm clock constantly ready to go off. Tell your hate mailer to go to hell and fuck off. I'm happy to do it for you