Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A life that doesn't suck!


I tend to be one of the worst wise asses on the planet- some people say I have a bad attitude. Maybe I do. But you go through a sexual assault case, you go through having epilepsy and seizures that have resulted in 4 missing teethe and be broke trying to fix them for what the insurance doesn't pay on an executive assistant's salary living in Manhattan on the UES. You go through the agony of nightmares, flashbacks, and panic attacks because some very evil people robbed you of your dignity, your sense of safety, and trust that resulted in a deadly eating disorder. Then, you can judge me. I have told my priest many times, Monsignor, if I ever go to hell, I have no fear. I've already been there. The devil knows my name.

However, working from home today as I complete this wretched EEG, I was watching the Today Show and they were doing an interview with a woman who wrote a book about getting a life that doesn't suck by improving your outlook and attitude when you just feel that all hope is lost. I am going to buy it. At least I'm trying, frustrated and fed up with life as I am!

No comments: