Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Idiopathic Epilepsy


That is what my neurologist calls the type of Epilepsy I have. When he first told me that, I was like SAY WHAT? What in the hell does that mean?

Spending Christmas Day in 1995 in Lennox Hill after a collapsing from a Grand Mal, I remember him saying, it means you have seizures of unknown medical origin.

Ok... so I just have these frightening episodes and you don't know why?

Unfortunately Ms. Pardon, yes.

After saturating my hair in baby oil and washing out the glue from my 48 hour eeg from yet another seizure, I could not stop asking myself in the shower... WHY??? Well, if you were to ask my family, they blame it on my anorexia and my horrible habit of drinking too much diet soda. I know plenty of people afflicted with eating disorders and others who do not who have nasty caffeine habits and they do not have seizures, so I don't think it is that.

So then, what is it? I probably will never know even after eighty gazillion tests that have bankrupted me, but it sure as hell is frustrating.

No comments: